Last night was week two in our teaching called Let’s Talk, Unleashed. Week two focused on how middle schoolers and high schoolers can fight to live pure lives in such a hyper sexual culture. As parents, you are fully aware that everyday the world tries to pull teens away from God’s design for their life. We focused on three ways students can fight for purity in their lives. Hate It – Starve It – Plan It.
Hate It // Hatred of sin is critical to putting to death our sin. We have to devlope a hatred of how our sin offends God not how our sin affects us.
Starve It // Every enemy loses when you cut off their food supply. In order for something to grow it has to have food or fuel. Sin is the same way. We have to limit what we see and what we allow to feed us.
Plan It // Predict how the enemy will act and prevent him from getting there. We have to have a plan for remaining pure and battling sexual purity mainly in three areas.
- Prevent : Ask, how can I prevent from giving into temptation.
- Oops: Ask, If I give into temptation and sin what do I need to do?
- Prevent: Ask, how can I prevent from giving into that sin again?
As parents we are constantly looking for new and creative ways to help our children experience the words of God. If you are wanting your children to LOVE reading their Bibles then the The Big Picture Interactive Bible is a must. If I could only have one Bible for my boys to read/experience it would be this one for a few reasons.
- Engaging – The Big Picture Interactive Bible is just that, interactive. All stories are illustrated to grip children’s attention and imagination. There is also a free app that parents can download which allows certain stories to come to life. Finally there are QR codes for certain stories that link the story to videos for your children to watch.
- Trusted – Parents can be assured that the stores are told in a manner that children can relate with and that stays true to the biblical authors intent. I often catch myself disagreeing with how other children’s Bibles communicate the biblical stories. They often seem to miss the point of the biblical authors.
- Jesus is the focus – From beginning to end, all stories correctly point children to Jesus.
My oldest son just turned four and he loves this Bible. It is not uncommon to find him at the kitchen table with his Bible open and moms phone playing the story that he just looked at. Although he is not able to read yet, he can still experience the message of God with The Big Picture Interactive Bible. Go check it out and let me know what you think!
Where to purchase :
Last week we kicked off our new teaching series on purity called, Let’s Talk. Here are just a couple of the highlights from the night.
1. Incredible concert and worship led by Summerlin!
2. Why is purity so important to talk about? Because, “Constant eyes leads to desensitized lives”.
3. What is purity? “Staying true to your original design”
4. Finally, how to stay true to your original design? Being a Christian Hedonist – “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.” –
- Psalm 37:4 – 4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.